Artwork by Milad Meamarian, a traditional and digital artist. I specialize in digital prints, comics and fine line-work. Now representing Washington on both coasts!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Another Painting: Stillpoint

This is the first painting I've done in a few months. Between teaching and other engagements, I had little time for painting before the summer break. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out though. The colors in particular I can't get enough of...



  Posted by Picasa


This detail gives a (slightly) better idea of the textures that you can see in the large scale print. It also allows you to see the mantis and leaves better:





A stillpoint is what I call that place during meditation when everything pauses. Your thoughts stop, energy flow in and out of your body goes to a minimum level, and everything just becomes really quiet. It's like a deep rest, and you leave it totally resurrected. I think the praying mantis is a good metaphor for that state of attentive stillness.

As always, email me if you want a print of this, or any other of my works. Much love to my friends and family and I'll see y'all around...

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Stillpoint is breathtakingly beautiful.

About meditation---I'm having trouble; can't seem to quiet the talking monkeys. Practice Practice

Be well.

1:07 PM

 
Blogger girlwithatwirl said...

its me.. rowi...
i have a new number!...
856 520 5918...
call?... or failing that.. think of me?
ps: lovely work...

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home